So, What's The Best Workout?





With a new work out system or fitness gadget coming at us daily, it can be hard to figure out and know what is really effective and worth our time. It seems that each fitness expert out there has their own theory, but in the midst of all those theories, you can clear away the clutter just by realizing what working out really is supposed to do for you.


So, What's the best exercise plan? Well, the best workout regimen is one that addresses nearly all aspects of fitness, not just one. A good workout regimen, and by regimen, I mean what you do on not just one day, but for your entire workout week, should address and improve the following:

Muscle Strength
Cardiovascular Health
Flexibility
Agility
Balance

You can even get all of that in one workout if you're doing the right thing. Martial arts classes are great for improving all of the above, and so are interval training and certain boot camp work outs where the exercise selections are tailored to meet all of those elements.

Are you addicted to a particular type of exercise? I know Spin and Step junkies from way back, and everyone knows how runners get addicted to running (in a good way). Nothing wrong with having a fave, must-do exercise, but just make sure that you're also getting in exercises that are a bit different from your favorite one on your alternate days. In other words, don't just spin/bike/run/box, etc every single workout. Make sure there are days where you are training your body in different disciplines and in a different way.

So, enough with just weight training, only doing cardio or just taking yoga, etc.
Either find a workout that is varied enough to train your body as completely as possible, or mix it up throughout the week.
That way, you've got it all covered!

14 comments:

  1. Great advice. I am back to the gym this semester and beginning to feel bored about doing the same exercises over and over again. Always on the look for new exciting things to do in order to train my mind's house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard to prescribe a certain workout to different people. I say that you figure out what your own goals are and tailor that to your program. Some people may need to do more weight training whereas some may need more cardio and flexibility training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree, but sometimes it doesn't always work out that way...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Alfonso. Add something new, and it'll stay exciting.

    The Muscle Feed, please read the article again. You missed the point entirely. It's so not about prescribing any particular workout to anybody.
    And, regardless of your goals, to be completely fit, you DO need to tend to all aspects of fitness that you can. Not just one, or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a 32-year-old guy that has been doing alot of strength and cardio. Pretty much weights and running, for my entire life. That's pretty much what they teach you in high school and that's what stuck with me.

    Over the last year or so, my wife has talked me into doing some of her aerobic programs. She has a bunch of DVD's, like Jillian Michaels and Pilates, that have short workouts and I have started to do them. I am *NOT* ashamed to admit that I actually enjoy doing them. They are a real challenge to me. I'm not overweight, but I feel more "fit" after doing them. Her and I will do them in the morning instead of going for a jog, and I can feel it for the rest of the day.

    I would recommend them to anybody, guys and girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found that a key thing in sticking to a work out for me is being clear about what I am trying to achieve from it, and monotoring my results according to those goals, adapting it as necessary.There is nothing more motivating then aiming for something and achieving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I addicted to Cardio and endurance exercise. What about to improve balance and agility? What exercise needed for that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am certainly in favor of an all body workout and changing things to mix it up a bit. Though too much variety can lead to you not fulfilling certain goals ... at least if you are bodybuilding. However a little bit of variety is good for any training regime yea.

    Great site by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One thing which is very important that you cant maintain your fitness without having balance diet. Diet and workout is inter related with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sports are a much better way to exercise than gymming. Firstly sports are a lot more interesting so it is easier to be regular. Secondly they develop both body and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best exercise plan is one that incorporates a mixture of different types of activities (cardio, strength training, isometrics, etc.) so that your body doesn't get used to one type and thus, make it ineffective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. thnx for sharing nice post and telling the best exercise plan. keep up the good work and continue posting of good posts. i really enjoyed alot to read this post.

    ReplyDelete